Top 11 VoIP Providers for UK Small BusinessesWritten by Alla on August 31, 2016
VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, is a phone service that you can get with only your Internet connection and no landline phone company required.
Avoiding the long tech explanations and unnecessary terminology, a phone or an adapter turns phone signals into digital ones and sends them across the Internet.
So why use VoIP?
First, to save money. Generally, VoIP services are cheaper than traditional phone services, especially when we’re talking about roaming calls.
Second, they include way more functions. You can have your clients redirected to your mobile number while you’re enjoying margaritas on the beach.
We’ve collected the best VoIP service providers that will help you stay in touch with your customers.
Top 11 VoIP Service Providers
- various combined plans starting from £15 per month
- all plans include Office 365 Business Premium Licence and Voice Licence
- free calls within the network
- voicemail-to-email, voice menu services
- various plans starting from £2.99 per user per month
- no contract, no cancel fee
- free call forwarding
- free integrated IVR, voicemails
- 30-day free trial with 3 users included
- plans start from £6.95 per month with a free mobile app, with 200 minutes for numbers within the UK and over 50 international destinations
- free call transfer, conferencing and Follow Me service
- free roaming via Wi-Fi
- transparent pricing
- 1p per minute to a UK landline, 1.5p per minute to most of the Western world and 10p per minute to a UK mobile
- any telephone number – most of them cost £2 per month
- extensions cost £1 per month (like displaying names and numbers)
- failover call divert
- divert or unanswered calls go to voicemail
- free 0843 and 0844 phone numbers and SwitchboardFREE account and app
- local and City phone numbers starting from £5.96 per month for 400 minutes
- free divert of an unlimited number of calls for up to 5 landline and mobile numbers
- emails with missed calls and voicemail alerts
- no long-term contracts
- free local number from your area code
- no base fees and no minimum contract
- low cost rates and call pack worldwide
- landline UK and US calls are from 1.18p per minute and 9.90p per minute for mobile
- UK call packages starting from £9.95 per month
- monthly plans are from £5 per month
- free Auto Attendant, Intelligent Call Diversion, Call Filter, Call Blocker, Recorder and more options
- callback cost is calculated separately
- set-up fee from £25 for standard numbers
- monthly fee of £4.95
- landline calls are 5p per minute and mobile 15p per minute
- IVR, call screening, voicemail and others are available for an additional monthly fee + setup fee
- telephone numbers from £2 per month
- option to forward call to company’s call center from 87p per call
- Call Whisper, Divert, Queuing, Voicemail and other options are available from £2.95 per month
- contract term is 1 month
- from £2.36 per month
- free trial
- call forwarding ~7p per minute
- free Standard plan
- free international calls to chosen destinations within Premium plan
- single-user plans start from £2.99 per month
- free voicemail box
- call forwarding at standard outbound rates
- UK landline calls (off/on-peak) at 0.5-1p per minute, and to UK mobiles at 8-8.5p per minute
- keep your current number when switching to Soho66
- Call Recording and other options from £1.99 per month
To sum up:
Depending on your business specifics, you may consider choosing different solutions. For example, if you have 1-2 client calls per week, it makes sense to think about a VoIP provider that charges on a per minute basis without fixed contracts.
In case you have a large number of calls per day, consider monthly contracts, adding voicemail and other add-ons to improve the customer experience and save more money.
Did we miss your favourite VoIP provider in our list? Leave us a comment below.