Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 02/09/16Written by Alla on September 02, 2016
This week we said our goodbyes to summer and met the very first days of autumn. Vacations and school breaks are over, and we’re starting to look forward to the Christmas holidays already.
For now, let’s take a look at what happened in the small business, freelancing and entrepreneurship world during the past week.
1. Hillary’s bet is on small businesses, and now we know what she plans to do for 28 million of them in the US.
2. The Paychex IHS Small Business Jobs Index rose to 100.7% in August in the US. See each state’s index behavior.
3. The “Uberization” of the economy is giving more workplaces to unskilled labor, and more lower-paid jobs for skilled workers. Where is it all going anyway?
4. Cyber attacks are happening on a regular basis while getting more inventive. These are the 4 ways to protect your small business from them.
5. Most large banks are more careful in a post-Brexit haze to lend money to small businesses. See all the info here.
6. 89% of customers start looking online for the product or service they’re about to buy. That’s why SEO is so important for your small business.
7. If you’re doing business in South Africa, check these 19 best directories to boost your social media presence and promote your company.
8. What’s VoIP and what are the best options for your UK small business? Take a look at the list of top 11 solutions here.
9. Cash flow is one of the essential targets of all the businesses. Read about 5 strategies on how to increase and stabilize it.
10. The summer season is over, and you desperately need a well-deserved break? Here are 5 tips to make your late vacation go smoothly.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. Not all entrepreneurs get funding for their startups, that’s why it makes sense to look into the options without involving outside investors.
2. Love photography but not sure how to get your business started? Check out our free ebook The Freelancer’s Guide to Photography to answer all your burning questions!
3. The Guardian did research on freelance rates: what they depend on and how to charge your clients competitively.
4. Before becoming a freelance developer, check these 5 personality traits to make sure you can succeed in it.
5. Take a look at the list of the 10 elements that your freelance website needs to stand out of the crowd.
6. Check these 5 absolutely necessary apps that every freelance designer should own.
7. Ben Tallon, a freelance illustrator, shares his beliefs with all the freelancers out there: ignore trends and stay true to yourself. Read more wisdom here.
8. ‘Funtrepreneurs’, i.e. entrepreneurs who don’t work for money but only for fun, bring £165 billion to the UK economy, and already are 12% of the whole workforce.
9. Can a teacher become an entrepreneur? Yes, in fact they are some of the best and here’s why.
10. LeBron James has proven that he’s a legend already, and here are 6 things that every entrepreneur can learn from him.
So that’s it for this week, and now you can start enjoying your weekend!
Did we miss out anything exciting? Drop us a line below!
Create your invoice in just 60 seconds.With our online invoicing software, you can create and send an invoice in under a minute. For free, forever.
Sign up today to see just how easy invoicing can be.