Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 28/10/16Written by Alla on October 28, 2016
The last week of October was quite eventful for the business world: UK announced their GDP was 0.5% down last quarter due to Brexit, and the US enjoyed the last round of the debates between the presidential candidates.
Both Microsoft and Apple had their launch events this week as well, introducing fantastic gadgets, meaning more new toys are coming for all of us this Christmas.
In the meanwhile, zombies, vampires and Harley Quinns are getting ready for the trick-or-treating very soon. And we can’t wait to get our hands on all those candies!
1. The amount of small businesses will reach 42 million by 2026, and it seems that now’s the best time to start one. But before that, check the main trends of its growth to see the full picture.
2. Are you confused with all those fancy words like WOM, SEO, influencers? Learn the basics that every small business owner should know.
3. For every small business owner, it’s very important to be able to speak your thoughts clearly and deliver ideas confidently. These 5 tips will help you boost your public speaking skills.
4. Cyber crime is not a joke or sci-fi future, it can happen to your small business anytime. Learn about the top 4 threats that you might encounter.
5. Are you promoting your small business in mobile? Here are 8 tips to get the best out of your mobile marketing strategy.
6. Suffering from a lack of visibility of your business? Check out these 27 Canadian directories where you can list your small business online.
7. It’s not a secret that it might be challenging to get funding for your small business. But meanwhile you have to survive somehow on what you’ve got, and these 5 tips will help you.
8. Thinking too big, ignorance in accounting, and cash flow challenges are the most common mistakes of small businesses according to the ‘Shark Tank’ experts. See the full list here.
9. 60% of Americans aren’t able to cover unexpected expenses when they occur, and one of the reasons – they don’t track their expenses. Learn more reasons why you need to do it.
10. To avoid making these financial mistakes, don’t miss your chance to sign up for the best invoicing software, as InvoiceBerry has a spooky-great deal this week!
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. 80% of self-employed in the UK claim that they don’t want any employment rights, like paid sick leave and holiday pays. Seems really surprising, right?
2. Creative freelancers work over 15 days for free for various reasons. But what are the main causes of that?
3. More than 70% of New York freelancers have experienced a problems with payments. That’s why adopting of a Freelance Isn’t Free Act that will punish non-payers is vital.
4. How has life in the metropolises changed over the years with the ‘gig economy’ boom versus without it? Here’s comprehensive research on the topic.
5. Women entrepreneurs face gender issues when starting a new business and developing it. Check more stats here.
6. Millennials have launched twice more businesses than the previous generation. But is Gen Y success driven only by their laziness?
7. Freelance jobs expanded over creative professions long time ago. Here are some useful tips on how to find a home job in science.
8. Entrepreneurship is good for your self-reliance and a ‘life from conformity’, because it forces production over consumption and constant learning. Read the full text here.
9. Quite a lot has been said about entrepreneurship in general, and in detail as well. Check the list of its core principles here.
10. As a business owner, you know that a holiday season is coming and you need to prepare for it. Check these 6 main ways to get prepared for it this year.
Now feel free to carve some pumpkins and make some caramel apples while chewing that candy corn!
Or did we miss something very important from the news of this week? Do let us know in the comments below!
60,000+ reasons to love usMore than 60,000 users are sending professional invoices everyday in less than a minute.
Sign up today and start sending invoices for free.