Best Stock Photography Websites – Free and CommercialWritten by Uwe on April 09, 2012
It is quite hard to find the right pictures for most web developers, web designers, marketing managers and bloggers. Using Google’s image search is an option, however, quite often the pictures are with a watermark. This method also requires you to ask the website owner for permission to use their picture.
The far better option is to use a stock photography website straight away. This way you can be sure that you are allowed to use the picture on your website or marketing material once you downloaded it. Below we listed a few of the really good stock photography websites out there. Some of them are for free, some charge for their pictures.
Free stock photography websites
- Almost 400,000 pictures available
- FREE to use the pictures
- Over 130,000 images organised in over 3,600 categories
- Free to use the pictures (Linking back and attribution may be required)
- All images are at least 2400×1600 pixel and can be used for private and commercial projects
- Free to use
Paid stock photography websites
- Almost 10 million stock photography pictures, clip arts, vector illustrations, videos
- Works on a pay-as-you-go credit basis
- 29 million images (7 million royalty free, 22 million rights managed), thousands of photographers, hundreds of stock agencies
- Images start at $/£/€ 5 for low res pictures
- Large catalogue of paid images staring from $0.92/image and 64,000 free images
- Paid and Free
- Over 16 million royalty free stock photos
- Pay-as-you-go pricing starting at £0.63
- Over 18 million royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors
- Different price options available: Pay-as-you-go pricing or monthly subscriptions
Create your invoice in just 60 seconds.Create and send your invoice in under a minute. For free. Forever.
Sign up today to see just how easy invoicing can be.