How to Make an Awesome Presentation for Your Nutrition Consulting BusinessWritten by Uwe on November 25, 2014
It’s quite likely that you as a business nutrition consultant will need to give presentations from time to time. One of many possible ways to advertise your business is to offer free seminars where you share your knowledge on a specific topic. But clearly your overall aim is to sell your consulting services. You want that participants would become your nutrition consulting clients or tell their friends about you (word-of-mouth marketing!).
The most important element of your presentation is to be 100% sure you know the topic you’re talking about well. Your audience won’t believe what you’re saying if you don’t look confident in your presentation.
While preparing a presentation:
- follow the structure: introduction, main body, ending (summary)
- decide on the message you’re trying to get across
- find out details about the audience and create a presentation that would keep them focused and interested
- rehearse the presentation many times before the final day
- think about possible questions and get ready for them
- keep the terminology simple
During the presentation:
- smile and make eye contact with the audience
- avoid sounding monotone and talk clearly
- never read full sentences from your notes
- involve the audience
- be aware of your body language
- do not stand in one place – move around
Most people feel loads of stress at the beginning of a presentation but it’ll go away once you’ve started. And once you’re done you’ll be proud of yourself and feel a massive relief. I hope these tips will help you preparing and delivering your next presentation.
Invoiceberry is an online invoicing software for small businesses to create and send invoices and quotes, manage and track expenses and create a variety of reports.