Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 11/11/16Written by Alla on November 11, 2016
While the world is going through all the stages of shock, grief, anger, and relief because of the recent results of the US presidential elections on Tuesday, it’s hard to think about anything else that’s going on in the world.
Still, life goes on, and we can’t wait to share what was happening in the universe of small business, entrepreneurship and freelancing this week.
1. With Trump’s recent victory, it’s quite hard for some to get over the shock and predict what will the next years will bring for small businesses. But here’s what his agenda was before the elections.
2. Uncertainty is frightening, which is why a lot of small businesses are looking for post-elections solutions, even if it means leaving the US. Check how and where you can get a small business visa here.
3. Royal Bank of Scotland will pay £400 million to small businesses to make up for the ‘poor treatment’ during the financial crisis. Read more details here.
4. Thinking of starting a new business? Why not to get into the $5 billion event planning business? Download our free eBook on how to start your own business from scratch now!
5. 62% of data theft hits small and medium businesses aiming at intellectual property, client personal data and more. Check out more stats and finally treat your data more seriously.
6. Also, the number of ransomware attacks on small businesses are eight times higher than last year. What are the reasons and how can you fight them?
7. Are you looking for a workspace for your startup? Here are the 27 best coworking locations in Edinburgh for a smooth start to your business.
8. In India, small business sales dropped by 50% because of the government’s unexpected decision to discard small banknotes. Find more details are here.
9. We all know that the customer is always right. Unfortunately, communication issues with the customer are the key mistakes that small businesses make.
10. Are you still downloading invoicing templates? Check out 3 crucial reasons why online invoicing software is much better for your small business.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. The Christmas season tends to be slower for most freelancers. What are the best ways to prepare for it, and to find the motivation to work once it’s over?
2. When you’re a new or hopeful entrepreneur, it’s difficult to keep your motivation in the face of all the challenges. Read these 25 inspirational stories of successful entrepreneurs who quit their jobs to chase their dreams.
3. Being a freelance entrepreneur means you need to make the new rules that work, and forget about those that don’t. Here are some examples of the strategic business practices.
4. For almost 80% of the startups, networking and collaborating are the key points to succeed, including social media communication. How can you make the most of it and boost your business?
5. With 2.3 million early-stage entrepreneurs in Australia, researchers say it’s not even close to fulfilling the country’s potential. What are the main obstacles to entrepreneurship there?
6. Sometimes government and policies are the main challenges that prevent or even stop entrepreneurship and business development. Which economic reforms will make their lives better?
7. When you become an entrepreneur you’ll have ups and downs from time to time. But it’s important to learn from your failures and rise again.
8. To scale your business, it’s crucial to think globally from the very beginning. Learn how to get into the international business environment and succeed.
9. Entrepreneurship is the state of mind of one particular person. But can you infect teams with it and spark their innovative spirit too? Here are the main principles.
10. With most countries lacking school lessons on entrepreneurship, it makes sense to start teaching business to your children by yourself. Here are some easy ways to start doing that.
That’s about it for this week! Now you can start enjoying your November weekend.
Or do you want to share some more exciting news that we forgot about? Leave us a comment below!