Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 18/11/16Written by Alla on November 18, 2016
The world still can’t get over the elections in the US last week, preparing more and more forecasts on what to expect from the President-elect.
At the same time entrepreneurs are celebrating the Global Entrepreneurship Week, and small businesses are preparing their best offers for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
Let’s take a look at what’s happened within the last seven days in our entrepreneurship, small business and freelancing roundup.
1. With the post-election buzz calming down, we start to think what’s next? Here are 4 ways how Trump can support small business.
2. But there’s something that almost no one is talking about: Trump’s possible support for deregulation which will make employees and customers less protected.
3.The holidays are coming, and here’s your guide on how to boost your sales on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
4. Small Business Saturday is coming up next Saturday! Here’s how you can target Millennials to increase your holiday profit.
5. LA’s small businesses are feeling more positive about the economy than anywhere in the US. What’s the source of their confidence?
6. 75% of American businesses don’t have great insurance coverage. Insureon’s Policy Buddy tool will help you out with choosing the best plan possible.
7. Starting you business ideally should start with writing a business plan. Check out our full guide with the best tips here.
8. A lot of Baby Boomers are ready to enjoy their retirement already, and it means they are ready to sell their small businesses (and you won’t have to start from scratch).
9. You can now link your Facebook, Messenger and Instagram accounts in the universal inbox, which will help small businesses track and interact with their customers.
10. Is your small business selling on social media? Check the tips on how to get started and increase your sales.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. Making money and managing money are interdependent. Take a look at the 4 finance documents every freelancer needs.
2. Coworking spaces are incredibly popular now, and it’s so hard to choose the best one for your startup. Check our infographic and pick the best location out there.
3. 38% of the US workforce are Millennials, which makes them the largest labour group. What are the 5 most popular jobs among them?
4. Check some stats on how to work with Generation Y to know which challenges you might meet when hiring them for your business.
5. Hiring freelancers has its ups and downs, and managing them is definitely a challenge. Check 5 tips to do it in the best possible way.
6. Thinking about going freelance and not sure if you’re good enough? Use these 6 pieces of advice if you want to become a successful tech freelancer.
7. Freelancing boosts the economy and pushes the numbers of ‘working learners’. Why is that happening?
8. Not sure what to choose: a day job or freelance? Here are 5 ways to do both.
9. The ‘gig economy’ is everywhere, but is it possible that the software is biased? Check the latest research here.
10. More than 10 million people are currently celebrating the Global Entrepreneurship Week. Read what it’s all about here.
We hope you enjoyed this week’s roundup, and also that you have great plans for this weekend!
Or did we miss something that you’d like to share? Leave us a comment below!