Top 19 Birmingham Coworking Spaces for Your StartupWritten by Alla on November 22, 2016
Birmingham is the second largest city in the UK with a population of almost a quarter million, and the number of Birmingham coworking spaces reflects that.
Being a former industrial center of the country, it still somehow kept the look of those times mixed with the spirit of modern changes.
Now it holds the highest rank among UK cities in terms of investment prospects according to the Real Estate Europe 2016 report, which means that exciting times (and investors) are coming to Birmingham.
With the apparent real estate boom, new business opportunities are coming up. And of course, you don’t want to miss any of them, including starting a successful business, especially when there are all the conditions for it.
Coworking spaces are known for their concentration of like-minded professionals and creative vibe. So let’s take a look at the 19 best Birmingham coworking locations for your startup.
Impact Hub Birmingham is a part of the global Impact Hub network with over 7,000 members in 40+ locations around the world.
Located in a 6,000 square feet building, Impact Hub Birmingham can be a home for everyone who’s excited about entrepreneurship, creativity and simply being part of an awesome global community.
- Impact Hub Birmingham: Walker Building, 58 Oxford Street, Digbeth, Birmingham
The Loft Workspace is a friendly coworking in South Birmingham. The space supports businesses and charities, encouraging them to grow.
The location offers a number of different packages, which include reception and mail management, shower facilities, commercial printers, catering and kitchen facilities. The price for a desk space starts from only £4 per day.
- The Loft Workspace: 196 – 198 Edward Road,
Balsall Heath, Birmingham, West Midlands
The BioHub Birmingham is a shared laboratory space that is fully-equipped and staffed, perfect for innovative biomedical start-ups and entrepreneurs.
Besides the laboratories (which include Dark Room, Tissue Culture labs, Microbiology lab), there’s a designated office space and access to meeting rooms.
- The BioHub Birmingham: Birmingham Research Park, 97 Vincent Drive, Edgbaston, Birmingham
The Custard Factory is located in the city center and besides coworking spaces and shared offices offers exclusive networking opportunities.
The prices start from £275 per calendar month for a two person office, which includes enjoying a fully operational reception, friendly customer service, events discounts, and a range of onsite cafes and stores.
- The Custard Factory: Gibb Street, Birmingham
Regus Birmingham is part of an international Regus group which has 9 locations in the city offering flexible coworking options.
Membership packages start from £5.10 per person per day. You’ll get access to administrative support, printer, scanner and photocopier, and a shared kitchen.
- Temple Row: 43 Temple Row, Birmingham
- Edmund House: 12-22 Newhall St, Birmingham
- Victoria Square: Victoria Square, Paradise Street One, Birmingham
- Broad Street: Quayside Tower, 252 – 260 Broad St, Birmingham
- Fort Dunlop: Fort Dunlop, Fort Pkwy, Birmingham
- Birmingham Airport: Birmingham Airport (BHX), The Comet Building, Birmingham Airport Ground Floor, Birmingham
- NEC/Airport: Unit 4200, Waterside Centre, Birmingham Business Park, Solihull Pkwy, Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham
- Blythe Valley Park: Central Boulevard, Birmingham
- Cannock: Watling Court, Watling Street, Orbital Plaza, 1st Floor, Birmingham
Birmingham Open Media (BOM) has implemented an innovative coworking model mixing art, technology and science that matter.
Their minimalist design is great for creatives: artists, scientists and techies. You can also gain access to BOM’s four flexible open studios for larger-scale production and workshops.
- Birmingham Open Media (BOM): 1 Dudley Street, Birmingham
Boxxed offers a wide variety of services for startups, entrepreneurs, designers, agencies, hackers, PR, marketing professionals, writers, students and developers from resident memberships to hot-desking.
Located in a 10,000 square feet warehouse, Boxxed features meeting rooms, breakout and BBQ areas, great coffee and low monthly costs with no minimum stay.
- Boxxed: 104 – 108 Floodgate Street, Digbeth, Birmingham
SocialVenture is a joint venture between REV Birmingham and the Woodlawn Foundation that provides coworking and meeting spaces for small businesses, non-profits, startups and entrepreneurs.
At SocialVenture you can choose between daily and monthly packages, and enjoy networking with like-minded professionals and participation in the events.
- SocialVenture: 5529 1st Avenue South, Woodlawn, Birmingham
The Transfer is a coworking space within the Old Print Works in South Birmingham. It is all about sustainability, creativity, localism and community well-being.
Memberships start from £15 per month, and you get to spend one day for free before deciding on signing up for it.
- The Transfer: 506 Moseley Road, Birmingham
The Moseley Exchange is a flexible coworking space that is ideal for freelancers and solo entrepreneurs. You can work in an open space, meet new people, learn and exchange great ideas.
Membership plans start at £32 per month with a registered postal address and mail management, free tea and coffee, kitchen, lounge and access to Moseley events.
- The Moseley Exchange: 149-153 Alcester Road,
Innovation Birmingham Campus is one of the leading locations for the city’s tech and startup community. They have multiple options of workspaces for the different teams, meeting and conference facilities.
Coworking spaces start from £40 per month, and includes access to more than 120 Innovation Birmingham events throughout the year.
- Innovation Birmingham Campus: Faraday Wharf, Holt Street, Birmingham, Science Park Aston