Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 09/12/16Written by Alla on December 09, 2016
Christmas is getting closer each day, and Santa is already testing his sleigh around the North Pole while drinking eggnog.
UK small businesses had their Small Business Saturday last week, while US SMBs got a new head in Trump’s administration.
Let’s have a look at what’s been going on in our weekly entrepreneurs, small business and freelancing roundup these first December days.
1. Small Business Saturday drove close to £720m in sales for small businesses in the UK last week. Check more details here.
2. In the US, president-elect Donald Trump has chosen Linda McMahon, a former WWE CEO, as the Head of the Small Business Administration. Check here for more details.
3. Is it possible to grow a small business into a billion-dollar company? Take a look at theses 7 pieces of advice here.
4. What are the most common tax mistakes that small businesses make? Find out here.
5. In the UK, HSBC is offering new plans to support small business cash flow and resources during employee parental leaves. Read more here.
6. SMBs often lack resources for huge ad campaigns. Let’s take a look at some digital strategies that every small business can afford.
7. And here are 5 best digital marketing tips from small business owners that will help you in promoting your company.
8. Learn the most important finance basics for small businesses with our free ebook Small Business Finance 101. Download it here.
9. Christmas is the high season for a lot of small businesses. But check these tips on how to survive it and not get carried away.
10. Books always make a great gift for the holiday season. Check our list of the best ones for small business owners.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. With half of employees going freelance by 2020, Bitcoin is working its way to becoming the ultimate currency for remote workers.
2. While part of the US is still recovering from Trump’s win, freelancers are starting to think that his election might be a problem for them.
3. Cash flow, net income, P&L, cost of revenue… How well do you know all of your financial numbers?
4. Overwhelmed by managing your finances? Here are the 33 best tips for Millennial entrepreneurs.
5. Not owning a blog and not guest blogging are among the top 5 freelancer mistakes out there. Check here for more.
6. Getting funded is one of the entrepreneur goals. But what are investors looking into and searching for?
7. Can you remember the most irritating questions that you’ve been asked as a freelancer? Here’s the list of the top 5.
8. Networking is a part of every entrepreneur’s life. Read about 3 ways to use your community and grow.
9. Fear, distraction and work ethic are the three biggest challenges for entrepreneurs. Check out more info here.
10. Is entrepreneurship just about a set of necessary skills? Read more details here.
Now that you’re well-informed, you can finally finish your work week.
Or did we forget anything that’s worth mentioning this week? Let us know in the comments below!