Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 14/04/17Written by Alla on April 14, 2017
The Easter holidays are just around the corner, and we’re waiting for the egg hunts this weekend. The weather has been moody and didn’t spoil us with too much sun so far.
Let’s see what’s new in the small business, freelancing and entrepreneurship world this week in our Friday roundup.
1. According to the Fed survey, small business performance and financing success rates decreased in 2016. Will it recover in 2017?
2. At the same time, the Index of Small Business Optimism dropped in March to 104.7, as the level of uncertainty went up.
3. President Trump is delaying the tax reform, postponing the plan and his promises to the end of the year.
4. Being a leader and setting goals is really important. Read this guide to help you lead your small team to big wins.
5. Or download our new free ebook on small business leadership, aimed specifically at those small business owners who have new employees.
6. Do you know the difference between Sales tax and VAT? Check our new dictionary of accounting terms here.
7. With almost 600,000 SMBs in Australia, it can truly be called a continent of small business. See all the stats here.
8. Read our expert roundup to learn about the 18 small business myths to avoid about startup finance, marketing and advertisement, product creation, and many more.
9. Facebook now has new tools for small businesses to help them use it more efficiently and attract more customers.
10. To get noticed, small business websites must look really good. Otherwise, the customers will be disappointed and less likely to purchase.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. When it comes to the tech industry, all eyes are always on Asia. Here’s the list of 30 Under 30 Tech Entrepreneurs that we’ll be watching in 2017.
2. What’s the best city for your startup in the world? Some experts say it’s Toronto, and here are 4 reasons why.
3. By hiring freelancers you’ll just get your projects done. To create a freelance culture for your startup is something that will require much more thinking.
4. Boost your business and entrepreneurial motivation with these 12 best apps.
5. On a more serious note, these 8 applications will help you and your team improve your communication and collaboration.
6. Young entrepreneurs usually don’t lack motivation, but tend to make these 16 amateur mistakes.
7. Women in tech are largely outnumbered by men, and the problem goes much deeper than the numbers particularly in Silicon Valley.
8. As an entrepreneur, you have to make decisions and spend money everyday. But some investments are better than others, and here’s the list of 11 of them.
9. Invoicing for freelancers is closely connected with getting paid. Don’t forget to include these 3 points into your invoice.
10. With the growing numbers of freelance writers, it is necessary to know all the rights that they have in the digital times.
That’s it for today! Hope you enjoyed this week’s roundup, and Happy Easter!
As per usual, feel free to drop us a line if you have any other news and/or comments.