Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 23/06/17Written by Alla on June 23, 2017
The days are now getting shorter after the summer solstice, but we still have more than two months of summer (and the hope to actually see the sun).
Without further ado, let’s move onto the recent news that happened this week in the world and how they influenced the business world in our entrepreneurship, small business and freelancing roundup.
1. According to recent research, tax reform is the #1 priority for 25% of small businesses in the US. Read more info about it here.
2. If you’ve ever considered turning your passion for travel into a business, now is the perfect time to start. Check our full guide on launching your travel agency here.
3. Learning SEO is inevitable if you have any digital activities for your business, and here are the best tips from the experts.
4. Jack Ma claims that small businesses will drive globalization in the future. But can that really happen?
5. Nevertheless, your business can start growing globally today. Read about these 4 digital strategies to help you out.
6. If you’re hiring any seasonal workers this summer for your small business, make sure you know these 3 very important things before the start.
7. The ability to connect with people and understand them may determine if your business is ever going to be successful. Here’s how to build relationships that will help you grow.
8. The ecommerce business industry is growing faster than ever. Make sure you read these tips from the experts if you’re thinking of starting this kind of business.
9. Email marketing makes up an important part of your customer acquisition and retention strategies. Take a look at the guide on setting up this process here.
10. With the information overload these days, some people are claiming that social media marketing for businesses is dead. Is that really so?
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. Argentina is trying to create a better climate for entrepreneurs with their new legal changes. Will it become a new tech hub in the next few years?
2. Everyone knows that the lack of creativity may damage your business development, but too much of it can also harm your business ideas. Read more here.
3. The US president may delay an International Entrepreneur Rule, or a startup visa for entrepreneurs. How will it affect the country’s development?
4. Productivity in the summer may be hard to find and impossible to sustain. Here’s the top tip from Elon Musk, who is probably the most productive man on Earth.
5. Millennials can boost their visibility and become more successful in their careers if they use these social media hacks to boost themselves.
6. Summer is a great time to recharge and learn something new. Here’s the list of books to check up on this season.
7. When building a successful business, it comes to a choice if you should do franchising. Here are the pros and cons of it.
8. Female entrepreneurship is what everyone’s talking about these days. Let’s look at the biggest challenges and opportunities faced by business women in 2017.
9. Google is always updating its algorithm, so it makes sense to keep an eye on those changes. Here’s the recent study on ranking factors.
10. Freelancers are leaving their 9-to-5s to look for some flexibility and freedom. But is freelancing better or worse for your mental health?
That’s all the news for today, so let’s enjoy our Friday and upcoming weekend!