Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 10/08/18Written by Alla on August 10, 2018
August heat is here and we’re literally melting no matter where we are in the world right now.
Find out the latest small business and freelancing news in our traditional weekly roundup.
1. Check out an awesome interview with our CEO & Founder Uwe about life and work at InvoiceBerry, our history, future plans, and projects. Don’t miss it out, the link is here.
2. AI is not the biggest thing among small businesses at the moment and that’s about to change. Find out 3 ways how it can transform your business.
3. There’s a new tax law and new rules by the Trump administration that affected small businesses and their 20% deduction against income taxes. Here are the details.
4. Many issues may cause the failure of your small business. Here are the 5 reasons that you need to know and stay away from.
5. Small business optimism is the highest in the 15-year history of the survey and we couldn’t be happier about it. Check more stats and reasons behind it.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. Coding bootcamps have become super popular the last few years. Whether you’re looking to hire a coding bootcamp grad or want to upgrade your coding skills yourself, this infographic breaks down coding bootcamps vs CS degrees. Check out the comparison here.
2. Branding should be a part of your marketing efforts, but unfortunately, some of the business owners fail. You have to avoid these 5 biggest mistakes.
3. It’s obvious that local marketing strategies are a bit different to the methods that you’ll use for general marketing. Find out the 20 best techniques from local marketing to boost your sales.
4. Everyone is using some tools and gadgets to speed up daily tasks. Check out InvoiceBerry’s list of the essential online tools that need to be employed by any business owner or a freelancer.
5. YouTube’s increased traffic have risen the platform up to the second place among the most visited websites in the US overcoming Facebook. Check more details here.
That’s it for this week! Tune in next Friday for more!